Friday, July 31, 2015

Manifesting Change

December 22, 2010, the first day of the new sun 

Up the Mississippi came the feeling over me,
that something more transparent and intriguing’s come to be.
That starting here today my interaction in the game
has dialed back the frequency and I am not the same.

Typical in lifespans as we move along the arc
that begins completely centrist and moves outward when we start
our swing toward intensity complicit and evolved
designed so well to maximize experience, resolved
to always always stay the same, the game with us as players.
Regardless of the curving time we all become naysayers,
determined to ignore the later angling of the sun
and resisting all approach to landing flat when we are done.

Up the Mississippi came the feeling over me,
of my future interaction for as far as I can see.
I no longer lie along the apogee of arc,
where full frontal focus is required for the part.
Instead I lie along the curve where angles fast reduce
and what I see this day is my trajectory is loose
and my eyes see with diffraction much more thinly through the veil,
transparency inveigled by the rainbow in the trail.

I walk more lightly, move like fluid, smile between aware
and the beauties my diffracted vision show me, easing care
of my lifetime’s golden arc into the fray so fricking much
I can taste the mornings, smell the love, and feel again the rush.

Not the same. From a place I’ll never be again,
but through a mirror lightly as I float down to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment