Monday, August 31, 2015

A Simple Rebalancing


Why am I not simple now?

I’ve been here before, you know,
watching loads spin out of sync.
Never think the load will shift
and bangety bang my peace.

I rearrange and spread the sheets
of heavy out to ease the spin
and turn my back and there it is
the bangety banging once again.

I’ve muscled sheets back into place
the livelong mother day-
till arms are tired, back is sore,
but now it's going to change.

My load has changed, my mode has changed
my sheets have gotten wee,
and dainties now have grown in weight
so spin should come with ease.

Why did I make such a fuss?
Years of angst and pain
to see that balancing the load
is natural as rain!

So - why am I not simple now?
As first I came to prance
when all my washing did itself
and I knew only dance?

My Third Way beckons.
Spread that load among the gems and pearls
among my pleasures, living here
amid the spins and whirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment