Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wednesday Morning Coming Down

Do you have on your black armband? Sigh oh sigh again, how can this be??? We were even close here in Minnesota and the final results are still not in, although Hil maintained a three point lead all night. My thoughts have turned to survival. Who is laughing at my generator now?  We went to watch the returns with family last night and Silver Fox made up cosmos and took them with to shake up with ice as needed - there was not enough.

I have said since the beginning, although not loudly, that I did not necessarily think he was the most evil of the two. This is revolution, the result of the insatiable greed that has powered the last 35 years of neocon agenda, one which refused to include the populace even just a little bit, rejoiced in taking the widows and orphans for all they could, cynically ripped away union and pensions protections while mocking the stupidity of the people they hoodwinked to participate in their own destruction. If President Der Donald were not personally such pond scum I would have voted for him myself. Now the agenda the ruling class has left behind has risen up to bite them in the ass, and no one knows where it will lead.

Already I saw the Fed blaming this election for them NOT raising interest rates next month “as was rumored.” And what bullshit that is, because they were never planning to act, that is just their song and dance, because the way it works now is putting free money directly into the banks. What a crock.

Already the Taliban have written to Der Donald to withdraw all our troops from Afghanistan. Obama has been trying to do this for years without success - this is the military’s call, and in this arena I don’t think our new Pres has even Obama’s standing, although we will have to wait and see. If he has his way toward peace with Putin, Syria will be over - I can buy that and like it. But the best Obama has been able to do is keep a foot on the brakes. There’s oil in them there Golon Heights hills, you know, and the likes of Cheney and Bush have a little company with the oil concession. I have bought a front seat ticket for this one.

At home, we can probably kiss health care reform goodbye, but Obamacare is falling apart anyway. My daughter said last night their new premiums are pushing $2K a month and that is with a $4K deductible that must be spread across at least two of them.

The Repugnicans have been banging the Social Security drum forever and they are now sure to get concessions, although probably not to affect us too much. My guess is our kids will have to work a couple more years, and perhaps we will ante up more taxes on what we get. I may try to keep working, maybe don’t want to quit until I fall over. Certainly the returns we are getting on investments have nearly halved already and there is no reason that the bond market is likely to recover. Maybe pesos are a good idea:)

Immigration will change. This will be very painful for lots and lots of people, but as a dyed-in-the-wool Amurkins with blue eyes and history, not so much for us. If they would just cut off new immigration and leave people alone who are already here, I could get behind that myself. Didn’t this vote just tell us that there is already not enough to go around? What they mean is there are not enough scraps from the ruling class table to go around, but somehow Der Donald, billionaire asshole that he is, does not count, like he alone deserves all the diamonds or something. What???

Since we have had such a long run of do-nothing legislators, I am also signing up for front seats at that party when Der Donald tells them to just figure it out and get it done or he will fire them. I saw his long-time campaign manager last night actually say this, that the Big Man doesn’t have actual plans, just will toss each hot potato to the people who have been elected to resolve these things. In fact, I kind of like that. Serves ‘em right.

And so, while I am wearing my metaphorical black armband and feel hung over and depressed, I am not without curiosity and interest in the coming changes. My worst fears center around what might happen when his white, gun-toting, iconoclastic public realizes that he has pimped them too, that he will not feel the first shiver of allegiance for their vote because he is a narcissistic sociopath and won’t owe them a goddamn thing. My guess he went on the campaign trial either because some snooty elite club would not let him play golf there and he was going to show them, or he has an eye on some of those oil contracts himself. Either way, he isn’t there to improve their lives.

Or ours. Buy a generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment