Thursday, July 23, 2015

Grandma's Little Helper

I seem to be having much more trouble than I used to with packaging, packaging of all kinds:  cardboard, thin plastic, thick plastic–it doesn’t seem to matter, I am just not good at getting it open. I am pretty sure this is because of an insidious plan by the manufacturing cabal to make their products seem more precious because we can’t get into them, not because of creeping arthritis and waning strength! Of course, it is possible that manufacturers are just using sturdier packaging today. Whichever, it doesn’t matter when the grandchild is crying for the doll you can’t disengage from its plastiform case.

So here is what I think.  Keep a boyscout pocket knife in your purse, or if you are like me and don’t use a purse, in your pants pocket. (I know that doesn’t help much when you are without pockets, but that is another rant for another day.) The carry-along sharps-and-pointy-things holder is a time and frustration saver over and over. Did you know that you can order a boyscout knife with any assortment you choose from over 30 tools? What fun!


At home I keep a tool kit on each floor of my house that has a small scissors, a big scissors, a stiff knife or other sharp tool, a flat screwdriver, a Phillips head screwdriver, a tack hammer, and a pair of pliers with cap grip (most useful for twist-offs that don’t). The biggest trick is remembering to get what I need before I have trashed my teeth again. Funny, they don’t seem to work as well as they used to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment