Monday, February 1, 2016

Taking Time

Sometimes in the pulling and hauling
I must be still, not planning, not weighing,
not saying my choices from internal voices
but scanning instead the incoming wavelengths,
the fruits of my labors returning their flavors
for my fabulation and pleasure.

No pressure to move, to achieve, to decide;
a place to inhale and react to each scent
with full focus, savoring silver cords,
sounding my bells, rounding my eyes 
at incoming corners, far away
from the many paths not yet travelled.

This is my time to refresh, restore,
revisit the reasons I move down those paths
with exhausting passion: sifting my options,
planting incentives, inventing the future,
setting directions sponged up in the stillness
that gathers my core of intent.


No comments:

Post a Comment