Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Honey's Funnies

“Bastards!,” he threatened.  “Who?” I said. “My pants would not stay hung on their hook but fell repeatedly to the floor.” The importance of sharing a particular sense of humor with your partner. Is this the defining factor? I laughed till I cramped my stomach.

Admittedly, there was alcohol involved. But every now and then I see my relationship with Silver Fox from the outside, and as I notice how other old couples relate, I notice the same things in us.  There is a shorthand between long companions that references something they both love, like movies, or books, or funny language. The look passes between them and you entirely missed it. Then they laugh.

The understanding is the same, and the sense of humor is the same. We are tickled to find the same things funny, or droll, or ironic. Attitude is everything, I think; and perhaps that is why we are still couples.


1 comment: